Android Developer (English version)
Do you think the funda.nl website is complete? Of course it isn’t. It can always be better. What counts at funda is optimization! Whether it’s the funda.nl functionality or how things work. With 30 developers, we have responsibility for 150,000 pageviews an hour. And that’s just one piece of the picture. Care to join us to work on a product that’s never finished?
Funda’s Android app is your baby. You have responsibility for its development and maintenance. In addition, you support the rest of the Mobile Team with the development of other apps, such as those for Oculus Rift, Google ChromeCast, Windows and Windows Phone. You try out the latest innovations and collaborate closely with all our development teams. With the Scrum methodology, you’re involved not only in the development, but also in Code Reviews, Pair Programming and Testing of apps, APIs and mobile websites. There’s plenty of room for new ideas, experimenting, trial & error, and learning on the spot!
As Developer, you’re part of an Agile Scrum team comprising a Product Owner, UX-designer, several Developers and an Agile Tester. Together you’re responsible for all of funda’s mobile apps and for defining the vision and strategy for our mobile services. Being a member of Mobile Team is quite something. You jointly play a key role, since about 40% of visits are via mobile platforms!
- At least higher professional or university education, preferably in computer science or informatics.
- Three or more years’ experience with developing Android applications in Java, with at least one Google Play app being to your credit.
- Experience with developing apps that are strongly coupled to APIs.
- A Pro when it comes to Android platform guidelines.
- Keen to immerse yourself in new technologies and experiment with them
What would really please us
- Agile work approach (preferably Scrum)
- Experience with .NET development and/or iOS development
- Healthy sense of humour
- Experience with Git, Material Design, and automated testing of Android apps (calabash for instance)
- Good basic salary and bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Fulltime employment contract
- Prime working environment, with professional fanatics for colleagues
- Plenty of freedom and responsibility
- Training opportunities, conferences and seminars
- Annual hackathon: 24 hours to flesh out great ideas!
- A deferred salary (a pension plan that we fund for 60%)
- Phone scheme, reimbursement of home internet costs, and inexpensive gym membership
- A well-stocked canteen, where our funda cook Sascha (who knows everyone’s taste) serves an extensive lunch, comprising fresh soup, salads and sandwiches
- Table tennis and table soccer enthusiasts ready for a game when time’s available
- A terrific office in Amsterdam, overlooking the River IJ and close to the main railway station
- Great coffee!
You most probably know us as the Netherlands’ leading property website. 28 million visits and 313 million pageviews every month. 80 million search requests and 650 million photos viewed. That’s something we’re proud of! And we’re fully aware what these figures demand from our servers and, of course, from our people. Together we’ve permanently changed the way that people find their dream home. And we’re far from finished. In fact, we’ve hardly started. Ninety dedicated professional fanatics driven by the urge to make things smarter or easier are working with but one aim in mind: to make an impact. Ultimate optimization. It’s a team of whizz-kids, always ready to get the best out of themselves and each other. This gives funda not only a solid foundation, but also makes it a place to feel at home.
Yes! Great. We always have room for talented people. For more information, you can contact Floris Ariëns, Recruiter, on 06 - 27 88 55 79.
Unsolicited proposed candidates will therefore not be automatically included in the selection process.
We will not appreciate any acquisitions made as a result of this vacancy.
Reageer nu met je CV en motivatie via de bovenstaande "solliciteer direct" button.