Olam International was established in 1989 with 1 product in 1 country, trading cashew from Nigeria into India. Today we are a leading agri-business operating from seed to shelf in 65 countries, supplying food and industrial raw materials to over 13,800 customers worldwide. Our team of 23,000 employees has built a leadership position in many businesses including cocoa, coffee, cashew, rice and cotton. We have 44 different products across 16 platforms.
Within the business unit Olam SVI we are currently recruiting for a
In this brand new role you will be reporting to the product financial controller for Palm/Soft Oils Business unit and senior vice president edible nuts and you will work in all aspects of management & financial accounting, risk monitoring and control for the Soft Oils business.
Working closely with the traders in EU and with BU Head/BU Finance your primary responsibilities include:
- Ensuring monthly reporting to management of financial performance through P&L and Balance Sheet with good quality analysis & comments of/on exceptions;
- Preparing forecasts and variance analysis in close coordination with traders;
- Preparing budgets as per calendar from Corporate office;
- Setting up a process to determine CP & credit limits if any;
- Setting up processes for physical & trading businesses – examples being – exception reports at each stage of shipment/execution; cycle time reports, receivables review and exception reporting;
- Monitoring overhead expenses against approved budgets and highlighting issues proactively;
- Setting up SOPs to govern entire trading business in EU providing assurance to the management on the governance of transactions.
- Compliance to regulations and internal processes to ensure clean chit in internal and external audits.
- Preparing financial accounts as per calendar from Corporate office;
- Reviewing transactions undertaken by the edible oils business in EU and ensuring tax implications are considered and addressed appropriately in liaison with Corporate & BU Finance;
- Will also be responsible of the accounts of the Dutch entities Olam Europe BV and Olam BV
- Ensure all reporting requirements are met internally and externally
Prerequisites of a Business Controller:
- Bachelor/Master degree in Business Economics.
- 8-10 years’ experience in management & financial accounting;
- hands-on experience in tax compliance -VAT, transfer pricing and advance tax rulings applicable in EU;
- experience in working with top 3-4 audit firms ;
- 5-7 years’ experience in accounting/control in a commodity trading firm and exposure in derivatives.
The role offers many options for future career development across its international operations. Besides that we offer a dynamic, motivating and entrepreneurial work environment. A culture that is open, innovative and performance orientated.
Interesse in de functie van Business Controller bij Olam Europe B.V. in Rotterdam?
Reageer nu met je CV en motivatie via de bovenstaande "solliciteer direct" button.