Vacature Central Process Development Engineer
Cargill is an international producer and marketer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. Founded in 1865, the privately held company employs 130,000 people in 63 countries. Cargill helps customers succeed through collaboration and innovation, and is committed to applying its global knowledge and experience to help meet economic, environmental and social challenges wherever it does business. For more information, visit www.cargill.com. Description
For our Central PDG group for Starches and Sweeteners Europe, we are looking for a
Central Process Development Engineer te Bergen op Zoom
This position is a member of a Central Process Development group for starches focusing on processes managed by starch and sweetener business units. This position is responsible for the technical aspects of both process management and process development.
Process management includes monitoring of key process indicators, implementation of best practices and CMO, project support, and development of junior engineers and managers of starch processes. The processes include working with multiple starch sources, which may include dent, waxy, high amylose, and white corn, tapioca, pea, and rice starch. The processes will involve chemical and physical modifications to starches to produce functional solutions for our customers in a safe, regulatory compliant and cost effective way. Process development will include the development and implementation of new processes for the manufacturing of starch-based and soy related systems. This development will include process engineering design, process modelling, scale up including pilot plant support, and CMO development. Support the central group manager in ensuring effective leverage of the continuous improvement process throughout the organization in order to capture the maximum benefit and embed accumulated 'learned' knowledge. Provide specialized knowledge and practical support for the relevant manufacturing and engineering processes within the group. Effectively guide local PDG members to ensure effective communication of project priorities, progress and results. Educate junior engineers in their area of expertise.
Main Responsibilities & Duties / Principal Activities
- Identify and define value added projects
- Guide these projects through conceptual engineering, convince appropriate parties of the business case and the assist the plants in the definition of the business case, assist in the production of a commitment request
- Lead the basic engineering of starch related projects, ensuring the application of best practices
- Assist in or lead the delivery of allocated projects as set by the charter and IPPLead the transfer knowledge in and outside the PDG
- Assist in the maintenance of published standard key performance metrics for the starch area and use these openly, positively, and constructively to improve operations through benchmarking
- Ensure consistent standards are applied across the manufacturing sites in the area.
- Reduce risk, reduce the process impact on the environment, and lower costs in order to improve operational efficiency
- Ensure accumulated knowledge and Best practice is appropriately shared & captured within the organization to build Intellectual Capital advantage
- Provide effective guidance and support to manufacturing and engineering for new projects and advanced problem solving
- Ensure external benchmarking and development tracking is in place in area of expertise to avoid missing important industry developments
- Core technology contact for the business on specialized processes to outside contacts like vendors, institutes etc.
Education or equivalent experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Science based discipline (or equivalent).
- At least 5 years experience in manufacturing of which 2 years in the specific area of expertise.
Specific knowledge and/or hard skills
- Capability and willingness to develop extensive knowledge of specific areas of expertise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work effectively with cross cultural teams
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex operational, engineering and business activities
Competences & Soft Skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Preferably multi-lingual
- Significant network of experts in the field inside Cargill and preferable outside as well
- Flexible to work at the different Cargill locations
- Able to think act across boundaries
- Flexible working hours
- Be able to cope with extensive travel across the locations
- Be able to communicate effectively cross -culturally
Geen vergelijkbare vacatures gevonden.Bekijk alle vacatures van Cargill