For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we’re one of the world’s largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with more than 33,000 employees serving customers in more than 140 countries. With a global value chain that includes more than 460 crop procurement locations, 300 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 40 innovation centers and the world’s premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, chemical and energy uses.
Corporate Financial Accountant ADM Europe BV, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
The Role & Responsibilities
An opportunity has arisen at ADM Europe BV, for a Corporate Financial Accountant. Reporting to the Controller, the main duties of this role will include:
- Assisting the department in financial reporting and maintaining internal control systems;
- Internal and External Reporting to local management, Head office and Statutory authorities including preparing and analyzing monthly expenses reports
- Monthly Intercompany Invoicing and Reconciliation;
- Compiling balance sheet account reconciliations and investigating any difference on a timely basis;
- Month End Reporting to Strict Deadlines;
- Dutch VAT/Intrastat reconciliation and Reporting;
- Liaison with both internal and external auditors, providing assistance as required;
- Become familiar with SOX-documentation and requirements;
- Undertake other administrative tasks as assigned by the Controller;
- Assisting in the preparation of tax packs;
- Daily checking of Currency Position Reports, investigating long and short positions and hedging where necessary.
Qualifications and experience
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Has at least a HBO (bachelor’s degree) or equivalent accounting education;
- Is fluent in business English, (both written and spoken) with preferably a good working knowledge of Dutch;
- Flexible and able to manage time and responsibilities between various priorities at busy periods;
- Can work independently and also as part of a team;
- Has excellent communication skills;
- Has practical knowledge of advanced Excel;
- Has knowledge of JDEdwards or similar ERP system would be an advantage;
- Ideally has at least one year of relevant accounting experience at this level;
- Will be able to communicate effectively on the phone and through e-mail;
- Should like working in an international environment.
Solliciteer direct via de bovenstaande sollicitatiebutton.