The AMC is more than just a hospital. It is a world in which patient care, research and education are integrated, and in which people are always central. It is an academic world full of possibilities for talented individuals that are looking for a place where they can excel. Thinking big, daring to dream, cooperating internationally. And never letting yourself be put off by ‘It's not possible' or 'It won't work anyway'. That is the AMC mentality.
Recently the AMC has funded a project to implement Research Data Management (RDM) for biomedical research. The project aims to setup an infrastructure for RDM and involves interactions with a large number of local, national and international initiatives and stakeholders in the active field of RDM. For this project we are looking for a data steward and a scientific programmer who will work in a multidisciplinary research team at the Academic Medical Center (AMC) of the University of Amsterdam (UvA) to design, develop, validate and disseminate the application of data research management practices into biomedical research. This vacancy is for the position of Data Steward. Job Description
Pagina 2 van 3 Opleiding WO Soort opleiding Medisch Opleidingsrichting Specialisme Advertentieteksten Creëer een ontwerp voor de teksten in de advertentie. Dit ontwerp vormt de basis voor de uiteindelijke publicatie. In de uiteindelijke advertentietekst worden standaardteksten opgenomen over het AMC, de desbetreffende divisie, de arbeidsvoorwaarden en sollicitatiemogelijkheden. Onderneming Divisie Recently the AMC has funded a project to implement Research Data Management (RDM) for biomedical research. The project aims to setup an infrastructure for RDM and involves interactions with a large number of local, national and international initiatives and stakeholders in the active field of RDM. For this project we are looking for a data steward and a scientific programmer who will work in a multidisciplinary research team at the Academic Medical Center (AMC) of the University of Amsterdam (UvA) to design, develop, validate and disseminate the application of data research management practices into biomedical research. This vacancy is for the position of Data Steward. Afdeling The data steward is responsible for the management and usability of data and metadata. You will have a specialist role that incorporates (AMC) processes, policies, guidelines, and (data)standards for data management in compliance with regulatory obligations (e.g., security and privacy of information). You will be responsible for defining and implementing new guidelines and data standards to safeguard the integrity and quality of the (meta)data. You contribute to the organization of existing and new (meta)data using available tools, data repositories, and infrastructures. This will involve the development of software for, for example, data conversion, data import, and use of data standards. It also involves the support of end-users with data management to ensure broad adoption of RDM in the AMC. The data steward contributes to the development of RDM solutions. This includes the design, development and deployment of science gateways using the Rosemary platform . The data steward also participates in (inter)national RDM initiatives, project meetings, and training events for the stakeholders. The data steward will report (written and oral) about the project to the project leaders. He/she will also contribute to system management. http://www.ebioscience.amc.nl/gateways/\ 2 http://www.ebioscience.amc.nl/gateways/rosemary/ Job Requirements
- Education in bioinformatics or related field.
- Large experience in programming and scripting, including Java and Python.
- Experience with data management tools (e.g., relational databases).
- Experience with the use of metadata and data standards (e.g., vocabularies, ontologies)
- Experience with management of linux system
- Experience with software project management (usage of tools such as redmine, git)
- Experience with document-based databases (experience with MongoDB is an advantage)
- Knowledge about data management and data standards in biomedical research
- Interest in distributed infrastructures (knowledge about iRODS is a pre)
For this position we are looking for candidates that have good analytical and writing skills and are strong in taking initiative, communication, and organization. The candidates should be excellent team players but also be able to function autonomously. They should be experienced in working in multi-disciplinary teams and preferably also acquainted with a biomedical research or hospital environment. Salary and Benefits
Working at AMC means working in an inspiring and professional environment in which developing one`s talents and skills is encouraged.
- Full-time appointment (36h/week). Minimum of 26h/week is required.
- Contract for 1 year. Can be extended with another year depending on results and performance.
- Salary max € 3.250 gross per month for full-time appointment depending of level of education and experience.
- Location at the Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Bioinformatics (KEBB) of the AMC. Appointment at AMC Medical Research .
- Benefits include: End of year bonus (8.3%), holiday payment (8%) and public transport costs.
- Start as soon as possible
If you wish to apply for this position, click on the ‘solliciteren' button. For more information, please contact prof. dr. A.H.C. van Kampen ([email protected]).
Applications that directly is send to the contact person or otherwise, will not be processed.
We are looking forward to meeting you!