Long story short
At Brand New Day we tend to do things differently. We’re definitely not boring or bureaucratic like any other bank or insurer. We don’t belong to one neither. We just want to build the best bank for long term consumers savings and investment. In order to do that, we need the best developers. We know this sounds like a marketing story. It isn’t. We honestly believe in doing things our own way and challenging the status quo. Still not convinced? Come in for a coffee with our lead developer or IT director and see for yourself.
What you will really be doing
We promise top-quality service to each and everyone of our customers. That means almost 300,000 people have exceptionally high expectations. We try to fulfil those expectations by making building our own systems. Next to working on clients or business needs, you spend 25% of your time working on technical projects, like Brand New Day development working towards CI/CD or central logging and monitoring based on Elastic. Just as important, however, is that you enjoy working together closely with a bunch of other talented developers in an international setting.
Required experience & skills
- You’re smart and have some way of proving it.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in the field of application development.
- Affinity with UML, design patterns, SOA and OOP.
- Experience with Agile software development is a plus. Scrum, Kanban, TDD, DDD are all fine; we work with SCRUM and the Nexus framework for scaling SCRUM
- Continuous integration, automated deployment and working in a DTAP holds no secrets for you.
- Experience with the preparation of software architecture documentation and initial architectural designs.
- Willingness to test what your build: we have few testers and rely on you for the bigger part
- Good command of the English language
We’ll give you
- A pension scheme invested in a superior way. Comes with top-notch service ;)
- Compensation for your travelling expenses.
- Space for you to develop yourself and do things your own way.
- 25 days of paid leave.
- The possibility to visit meetups or follow courses.
- The possibility to work a sprint in Bangkok with our colleagues there
- A vibrant company, 200 great colleagues with an average age of 32.
- If all goes well, the opportunity to meet your team in Thailand.
1. Interview at the office (or through Skype).
2. Code test.
3. Meet the team.
4. Be hired, be awesome.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.