Vacature Director of Legal Affairs
Director of Legal Affairs – EMEA
(May be based in Walluf or Willich, Germany or Dinxperlo, Netherlands)
Varex’s imaging technology helps our customers see more clearly. When you join Varex’s Imaging Components, you’re becoming part of a 50-plus-year history of dedication to the imaging industry. Our imaging component solutions are designed for use in high-speed, high-quality, wireless, and digital imaging systems around the world. Thousands of specialized X-ray tubes, flat-panel digital detectors, and imaging software are developed within Imaging Components. Our highly specialized medical imaging solutions provide the technology behind the products relied upon for critical decisions every day. Within Imaging Components, our Security and Industrial team works to ensure public safety by providing integrated solutions for the most challenging industrial inspection needs. Leveraging our linear accelerator technology in X-ray computerized tomography systems, you can help build the most advanced cargo screening equipment currently utilized in securing the world’s major ports and borders.
This position reporting to the General Counsel and member of the legal team based in Salt Lake City, Utah USA, will be responsible for all legal affairs in Europe, Middle East, and Africa. This is a single contributor role that can be based in any Germany or Netherlands Varex office.
Areas of responsibility:
- Manage employment issues, contracts, intellectual property, trade compliance and regulatory matters
- As the senior and lead attorney in Europe, establishes and manages the Company’s legal function in the Europe, Middle East, and Africa.
- Advises on business practices matters and supports compliance efforts.
- Acts as advisor, primary negotiator, and key decision-maker on commercial transactions occurring in the region.
- Provides strategic and technical legal advice to various business units and senior executives on a full range of local legal issues.
- Serves as key contact and/or manager for resolution of internal and external investigations and disputes in the region, including regulatory investigations, arbitration and litigation.
- Triages legal matters arising in Europe, Middle East, and Africa region appropriate handling (whether by self, other member of Legal Department, other Company function or outside counsel), liaise with other members of the Legal Department to ensure proper information flow, and elicit from other members of the Legal Department relevant information pertaining to and impacting the Europe, Middle East, and Africa business.
- As the Legal Department “face” in Europe, serves as a key liaison from corporate to the region and vice versa.
- Helps architect and implement a sustainable and efficient legal support structure for Europe, Middle East, and Africa that incorporates best practices to meet corporate and local needs.
- Develops and provide training on legal and company policy matters. Manages outside counsel and maintains a budget.
Minimum Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Typical Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 15 years of directly related experience. 7 years management experience.
- Ability, competence, and confidence to lead people.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in utilizing business tools such as: E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP product and productivity software desired.
- Prefer candidate has corporate commercial and private practice experience. Medical device or technology manufacturing preferred. Experience in working with stakeholders such as engineering supply chain, import/export, compliance, service and repair, and sales professionals.
Delegation skills, ability to communicate well, be a direct communicator, collaborative, open to change, ability to seek solution and alternative ideas to matters. Good judgement and investigative skills and ability to maintain and present a professional demeanor and presence.
Varex Imaging offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program as well as considerable professional growth opportunities.
Interested in the position of Director Legal Affairs at Varex Imaging ?
Respond with your resume and motivation via the "Apply" button.
Interesse in de functie van Director of Legal Affairs bij Varex Imaging Nederland BV regio Dinxperlo?
Reageer nu met je CV en motivatie via de "solliciteer" button.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.
Geen vergelijkbare vacatures gevonden.Bekijk alle vacatures van Varex Imaging Nederland BV