Vacature Environmental Engineer
Profile of the position The environmental engineer is responsible for overseeing the environmental performance of ECCO Leather and initiates / coordinates projects aimed at a further alleviation of the environmental impact of ECCO Leather’s industrial activities. He reports the use of natural resources, initiates and coordinates upgrade projects of (waste water) installations and makes sure that all units in the Leather Group comply with relevant legal requirements.
Main duties & Responsibilities 1. Waste Water Treatment Supervises the functioning of all Waste Water Treatment Plants ( =WWTP) in the Leather Group in terms of technical surveillance and compliance; Coordinates upgrading projects, takes care of project management to ensure timeline and specifications will be met;Focuses on a further reduction of operating costs of the WWTP’s , e.g. through further sludge reduction;
2. Energy saving Pro-actively investigates the possibilities of further savings of energy use (gas, electricity, water). Carries out audits and benchmark studies. Coordinates projects aimed at a further reduction of energy;
3. Environment- General Closely cooperates with the sr. EHS officer in the Leather Group regarding the overall EHS policy. The Environment Specialist will thereby focus on the environmental technical part and the sr EHS officer more on overall compliance, policies, work methods etc.; Coordinating all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, renewable energy w/i the Leather Group; Auditing, analyzing and reporting environmental performance to both senior management and local management in the units;
4. Miscellaneous Trains staff at all levels in environmental issues and responsibilities;
- University degree in Environmental Technology (e.g. University of Wageningen, Gent);
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in an international manufacturing environment;
- Fluent in English;
- Willingness to occasionally travel to the units of ECCO Leather in Asia;
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate with different stakeholders; factual , to-the point;
If you’re ready to learn and be challenged, we want to hear from you today, you can apply by ''solliciteer direct''.
Geen vergelijkbare vacatures gevonden.Bekijk alle vacatures van ECCO Leather B.V.