Every day, the 30,000 people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) turn crops into renewable products that meet the demands of a growing world. At more than 265 processing plants, we convert corn, oilseeds, wheat and cocoa into products for food, animal feed, chemical and energy uses. We operate the world's premier crop origination and transportation network, connecting crops and markets in more than 75 countries. Our global headquarters is in Decatur, Illinois. For more information about our company and our products, please visit www.adm.com
European Process Control Engineer (F/M)
An opportunity has arisen for a European Process Control Engineer.
European Process Automation is responsible for Process Control activities at all oilseed locations within Europe. The main task of European Process Automation is to establish proper process control for all production locations by assisting or executing expansion projects or upgrade projects of existing process control. Another major part is maintenance of the existing running process control installations. Process control covers all equipment of seed preparation plants, extractions, refineries, biodiesel plants, etc and enables operators to overview and control their plants. Another major task of process control is to collect process data of production and make this data available to plant management for further processing and planning.
Included in process control are several systems:
- D/3 process control on 10 sites through Europe
- Process control of an FDA regulated site according GAMP and 21CFR (SIO, France)
- Wonderware Scada on 5 sites through Europe
- Support of all kind and number of PLCs like Siemens and Modicon
- Support of weigh scale systems
- Support of laboratory systems
- Support of Limda/TLC/LimdaReporter systems and future OsiPI systems
- Support of plant computer network infrastructure
Reporting to the European Control Engineer, the main duties of this role will include:
- Discuss and negotiate with process engineers to describe the projects by means of User Requirements, State Transition Diagrams and Functional Sheets based on available Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID).
- Translate Functional Sheets and P&IDs to operator graphics and computer code used on PLC and DCS (Distributed Control System) installations.
- Perform test procedures of established code and graphics
The new process control engineer to be added to the team must meet the following description:
- A Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Information Technology.
- Ability to work with Windows 7, Windows Server and Active Directory.
- Ability to understand and implement network infrastructure.
- Ability to communicate with local process control engineers, process engineers, supplying companies during the full life cycle of a process control system.
- Hands-on, can-do mentality.
- Drive for results and continuous improvement.
- The candidate could be based in any European ADM location and should be willing to travel frequently.
Solliciteer direct met je CV en motivatie via bovenstaande sollicitatiebutton.