About EAGE (European Association of Geoscientists and Engineers)
EAGE’s main activities consist of the organisation of conferences, workshops, exhibitions and courses worldwide. We also publish the monthly magazine First Break for our members, scientific journals as well as many other scientific books that are available in our (online) Bookshop. We are an international organization with 18,000 members all over the world. The majority of our members work in the oil, gas and mining industry. EAGE’s main goal is to share knowledge, promote innovation and technical progress, and to foster the communication, fellowship and cooperation between those working in, studying or otherwise being interested in these fields. We have over 90 employees worldwide, with offices in The Netherlands (Europe office), Moscow, Dubai, Kuala Lumpur and Bogota.
For our Europe Office in Houten (Utrecht, the Netherlands) we are currently looking for an:
What are your tasks and responsibilities?
- An Event Coordinator is responsible for the organization and realization of EAGE Events; conferences, workshops, courses and exhibitions;
- You take care of the logistic organization of an event;
- You are responsible for the Technical Program;
- You maintain contact with all involved parties; venues, suppliers, committees etc.;
- You initiate and coordinate promotion material for the event in cooperation with our Communications department;
- You keep the Events Website updated with the latest information;
- You are responsible for budgeting, cost control and budget management;
- You are in contact with the committees and coordinate the event with them.
What qualifications do you need?
- HBO level;
- A minimum of 3 years relevant working experience with large scale international events and ‘paper handling’. Preferably within a similar organization;
- Experience in working with committees;
- Excellent knowledge of English.
For this position we are looking for a proactive team player with good organisation skills, who is accurate and has a hands-on mentality.
- A competitive salary;
- 30 paid holidays;
- Non-contributory pension;
- Personal training budget.
Send in your resume together with a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please visit our website www.eage.org or call Sandra Voskuilen at 088-9955055 (working days Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday).
Please check out our website for other vacancies.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated!