WILD Flavors and Specialty Ingredients is located in the port of Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Its deep-sea access point allows for bulk vessels unloading and its multipurpose bulk tank-farm enables a highly efficient infrastructure for juice concentrate handling. With over 40 years of experience of working with fruit juice concentrates, the Amsterdam site is setup to efficiently deliver from fruit juice concentrate blends to flavor systems to its customers in Europe, Middle East, Africa and Far East in any packaging form to the food and beverage industry.
Financial Accountant Amsterdam, the Netherlands
The Role & Responsibilities
An opportunity has arisen at ADM WILD Flavors for a Financial Accountant. Reporting to the Controller, the main duties of this role will include:
- Internal and External Reporting to local management, Head office and Statutory authorities including preparing and analyzing monthly relevant reports;
- Knowledge of USGAAP and IFRS would be advantageous for this role;
- Responsible for Month End/Year End closing process to strict deadlines including reporting of financials in Hyperion according to the financials as finalized in SAP (responsibility for managing result and analyzing financials).
- Monthly Intercompany Reconciliation;
- Compiling balance sheet account reconciliations and investigating any difference on a timely basis;
- Book in SAP GL bookings and all payroll related transactions, including making sure a monthly reconciliation between SAP and the payroll system.
- Dutch VAT/Intrastat reconciliation and Reporting;
- Liaison with both internal and external auditors, providing assistance as required;
- Become familiar with SOX-documentation and requirements. Supporting improvement of internal control where relevant;
- Undertake key projects and support the controller on key tasks;
- Daily checking of Currency Position Reports, investigating long and short positions and hedging where necessary;
- Approval of changes in vendor master data;
- Partner with the business to support them in day to day and ad hoc requests.
Qualifications and Experience:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- At least hold a bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration;
- Ideally has at least 2-3 year of relevant accounting experience at this level;
- Is fluent in business English, (both written and spoken) with preferably a good working knowledge of Dutch;
- Flexible and able to manage time and responsibilities between various priorities at busy periods;
- Can work independently and also as part of a team with strong interpersonal skills;
- Has excellent communication skills;
- Has practical knowledge of advanced Excel;
- Knowledge of SAP or similar ERP system would be an advantage;
- You will have attention to detail, are analytical with a can do attitude;
- Has excellent user knowledge in accounting and reporting applications under SAP, Hyperion consolidation tool HFM and Microsoft Office programs.
If you’re ready to learn and be challenged, we want to hear from you today, you can apply by ''solliciteer direct''.