Wilmar Europe is a Dutch branch of Wilmar International Limited. Wilmar is Asia’s leading agribusiness group and is the largest processor and merchandiser of palm and lauric oils. Wilmar Europe became the first venture in Europe, located at the heart of the Port of Rotterdam. The first refinery of Wilmar in Rotterdam commenced operation in 2005. As latest investment in 2014 a fatty alcohol plant in Rotterdam became operational. Wilmar is active in 11 production locations throughout Europe and still growing. The trade and commercial activities for Europe are handled in our European head office in the city centre of Rotterdam. Next to that Wilmar has sales offices in Barcelona and Milan. Quality, service and reliability are the cornerstones to Wilmar’s reputation as an international processor and trader in the edible oils and oleo chemicals industry.
For one of the Joint Ventures of Wilmar we are recruiting for an experienced and energetic
In this role you are fully accountable for the leadership, continued devolpment and performance of the Joint Venture by setting the strategy, identifying priorities, translating this into and delivering business plans and investments to meet the strategic vision of the shareholder. You will also have strong ability to lead, inspire and build a team of diverse individuals who are geographically dispersed, from different nationalities and company cultures. Your success will be measured on delivery against budgetary targets and quality standards whilst maintaining cost controls.
Main responsibilities include:
- Set up and formulate supplier and distribution agreements and set the pricing policy
- Collaborate with and manage key and diverse internal stakeholders
- Monitoring, reporting and achieving financial performance
- Managing cash flow and cost control within approval limits
- Setting Marketing Strategy and expenditure
- Procuring that the Joint Venture Partners complies with the sustainability policy
- Monitoring and achieving customer satisfaction, reporting complaint trends
- Setting service levels and monitoring delivery performance
- Setting and approving sales channel strategy
- Selecting and approving 3rd party logistic partners
- Maintaining good relationships between Joint Venture Partners
- Approving Product Portfolio
- Implementing of new projects and new opportunities including new products, CAPEX and R&D
- Compliance with Health and Safety
- Preparation and review of capital projects prior to board approval
- Inform the board any current or potential legal or litigation issues
- Act as an ambassador and role model for the business
We are looking for a General Manager with:
- Experience in agro-commodities and the animal feed sector is preferable
- A degree level with a minimum of 10 years experience in a senior management position
- Strong sense of value and ethical responsibilities
- Having an eye for detail with the ability to see the bigger picture
- Excellent communication skills in person and in writing
- A proven track record in achieving results through others
- An entrepreneurial mind-set with an ability to assess risk
- A high level of business acumen
- Supply chain and Logistic experience
- Proven negotiation skills
- Understanding of quality / lean systems and ways of working
- Joint Venture experience, preferably in a leadership role
We offer you a dynamic job where you will get the chance to build a successful team in a growing company. You will be offered the freedom to create an own business culture and identity. If you are interested we would like to meet you and are more than willing to tell you more about this challenging role.
Interesse in de functie van General Manager bij Wilmar in Rotterdam?
Reageer nu met je CV en motivatie via de bovenstaande "solliciter direct" button.
Note for agencies: Acquisition by third parties will not be accepted. We will not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to us, as we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.