Head of Quality Control
As Head of QC you directly manage all five Teamleads. Your task is to manage and facilitate the team by giving them substantive advice and by coaching them. You will ensure that you and your team possess up-to-date knowledge of the latest developments in the field. By coordinating and optimizing all processes you ensure an adequate execution of all laboratory activities in order targets are achieved with respect to output and efficiency. Indirectly you manage the entire QC department consisting of approximately 130 Fte. However, there is more: as an expert and as a Management Team member within Quality Affairs you provide a transcendent substantive contribution to the development of the division policy and contribute to optimal cooperation between departments. You represent Sanquin Plasma Products towards various external authorities. With fellow Management Team members you take part in various improvement projects. You report directly to the Unit Director Quality Affairs. In short: a very responsible management position, with a combination of leadership, strategy implementation and understanding of QC-transcending processes.
Where you will work:
Sanquin Plasma Products BV in Amsterdam recently spun off and became independent of the Sanquin Blood Supply Foundation. The company produces a wide range of high quality (bio) pharmaceutical drugs from human plasma for both the Dutch, the US market, the most of Europe and South-America. The state of the art manufacturing plant produces in accordance with GMP guidelines. The products are used in the treatment of haemophilia, in diseases wherein the defense against infections or body's own cells is disrupted and for the treatment of burns. The organization also has a growing number of contract manufacturing activities. The QC department (130 Fte) consists of Microbiology, Chemistry and Incoming Goods and two supporting departments (QC-services and Projects & Stability). The laboratories perform various analyzes on input, in process- and finished blood products. The laboratories are driven by a hierarchical intermediate layer. Sanquin is currently looking for an experienced, inspirational and decisive people manager who wants to contribute to growth, structuring and professionalization of the Quality Control department. If you are up for a pioneer role and eager to make things happen with a good sense for quality, efficiency and people management, this is the job for you!
We are looking for:
- higher educational or academic degree in pharmaceutics, biology, chemistry or other relevant field;
- minimum of five years experience in a comparable position within the (bio)pharmaceutical industry, preferably four years managerial experience in a QC laboratory;
- preferably experience in change management and project management;
- extensive knowledge of GMP and GDP in a QC setting;
- managerial experience as people manager is a requirement;
- inspirational, decisive, service- and quality-oriented, team player, persistent and communicative;
- good negotiation and influencing skills, strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills;
- fluent in English, command of the Dutch language is considered an asset.
- develop strategy and lead implementations;
- responsible and dynamic position for a people manager with a strong business sense;
- coaching and guidance of highly skilled and motivated professionals;
- enhance the quality of the internal organization in terms of compliance and efficiency;
- work in a state of the art biopharmaceutical manufacturing plant;
- work with high quality biotechnology products;
- good salary and benefits package.
For further information, please call Mr. Rob Sprenkels at number +31 (0)6 10 15 72 86. An individual assessment may be part of the selection procedure.
Solliciteer inclusief CV en motivatie via de bovenstaande "solliciteer direct" button.
Sanquin aanvaardt geen ongevraagde hulp van bureaus voor deze vacature. Toegestuurde CV' s (in welke vorm dan ook) door bureaus aan enige medewerker van Sanquin zonder geldige schriftelijke zoekopdracht van HR Sanquin, worden gezien als eigendom van Sanquin. Er zal geen vergoeding worden betaald in geval de kandidaat ingehuurd wordt door Sanquin als gevolg van deze verwijzing of via andere middelen.