Vacature Health & Safety Officer
ECCO Leather BV is a subsidiary of ECCO Sko, Denmark, one of the largest shoe brands (20,000 employees, 20 million pairs of shoes / year production). ECCO Leather BV produces leather for ECCO shoes, but also and increasingly for high end external customers (Louis Vuitton, Alexander Wang etc.). This is done in four factories, o.w. three in Asia. Head office is located in the Netherlands, Dongen, where the Product Development and Design Center are also established.
To facilitate expanding sales while giving more structure to the marketing strategy of ECCO Leather BV we are looking for a
Health & Safety Officer
Dongen, the Netherlands
Profile of the position:
The H&S officer will be responsible for the Health & Safety activities in the establishment of ECCO Leather BV in the Netherlands and compliance with all legal requirements. You will make sure all relevant regulatory conditions will be met. If necessary you will give support to the coordination of H & S activities in the units of ECCO Leather BV in Asia. Overall the H &S Officer will be a driving force in further enhancing H & S awareness in ECCO Leather, Dongen.
Main Tasks and Duties of a Health & Safety Officer:
- Coordinates H&S related (preventive) investigations in the company, organizes workplace assessments and controls follow-up activities;
- Manages all activities coming forth from the Risk Inventory Evaluation (RIE);
- Support H&S activities within the Leather Group in other units whenever needed;
- Advises managers / supervising staff about health & safety risks and their responsibilities towards their staff;
- Gives explanation & instructions to employees about hazardous materials (eg chemicals), controls database of – hazardous- chemicals (Stoffenmanager);
- Responsible for organization of corporate rescue service (BHV-coordinator), evacuation plans;
- Controls the database containing all relevant documentation about accidents or near-accidents;
- Advises management about possible risks with regard to labour conditions and safety and suggests improvements;
- Controls a timely issue of health & safety instructions;
- Prepares input and gives support for the preparation of audits by Leather Working Group (LWG);
- Closely cooperates with Environmental Engineer who is focusing on environmental issues;
- Has frequent contacts with Head office of ECCO, Code of Conduct Dept., to make sure that EHS activities will be well aligned with corporate policy / initiatives of ECCO Sko.
- Relevant education on bachelor level (safety management, HVK level);
- 5 years of experience in a production environment;
- Fluent in English;
- Excellent communication skills, able to get buy-in from all relevant stakeholders;
- Practical, no-nonsense problem solving attitude;
- Good computer skills (Excel, Power Point etc.);
- Statistical knowledge, knowledge about measurement methods/ analysis;
- Living in area Breda-Tilburg-Den Bosch;
Interesse in de functie van Healty & Safety Officer bij Ecco Leather in Dongen?
Reageer nu met je CV en motivatie via de bovenstaande "solliciteer direct" button.
If you have any questions about the position please contact Kees-Jan Band, Recruiter via +31(0)88 5678333.- vervuld.
Geen vergelijkbare vacatures gevonden.Bekijk alle vacatures van ECCO Leather B.V.