Vacature Internship Technical Writing
Applikon Biotechnology B.V., a part of Getinge since 2020, is a Dutch high-tech company and a world leader in the development and supply of advanced bioreactor systems from the laboratory to the pilot and production scales.
Our mission is to offer reliable solutions that make it possible to save lives. We support the pharmaceutical industry (vaccines, regenerative drugs, antibodies, body tissues, biopharmaceutics and biosimilars) as well as industrial microbiology (enzymes, food & beverage, nutraceuticals, biofuels, biochemicals and bioplastics) in their upstream processes.
Our main office is located in Delft (Netherlands) with subsidiaries in the USA and UK. We have more than 180 employees working worldwide on product development, production, quality control, marketing & sales, and after-sales support - all of which contributes to improvements in Life Science.
That is our passion!
Are you a student looking for an internship or a graduation assignment? Then read further!
The Technical Writing Group with the Product Development department at Applikon is looking for a:
Technical Writing Intern
- The intern should have a Technical Writing or an IT background with experience in document management.
- The internship assignment will be to expand the current publishing methodology into a more integrated publishing system, based on LaTeX sources in a Windows filesystem, to achieve a smooth management of information components and an easy update of manuals.
- The aspects that will be involved in the implementation of this system include:
- Devising methods for identifying information components.
- Defining a folder structure that supports easy management of the content and smooth compilation of technical manuals.
- Improving on the existing versioning scheme, if necessary.
- Creating a clear separation between “working” content and “released” content.
- Implementing lightweight automation using batch files or PowerShell scripts to automate the tasks.
- Defining how the system can evolve towards a simple database application and the basic functionalities of the database application. Defining required metadata.
The ideal candidate:
- Is working to complete a degree in Technical Writing or IT (document management) at the HBO level or higher.
- Can work independently and in a team.
- Shows analytical thinking.
- Is proficient in both English and Dutch (spoken and written).
- Knows at least 1 programming language and is proficient in writing Windows batch and/or PowerShell scripts.
- Knows LaTeX or can learn it and master it quickly.
Do you want to further develop yourself within an innovative environment, international organization and a global leader in the development and delivery of advanced bioreactor systems? Then look no further! Applikon, part of Getinge, is looking for enthusiastic and motivated students who would like to contribute ideas and help!
Interesse in de functie van Internship Technical Writing bij Applikon Biotechnology B.V. regio Delft?
Reageer nu met je CV en motivatie via de "solliciteer" button.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.