Vacature IT - SAP WM Consultant - Project Leader
GEODIS is a Supply Chain Operator ranking among the top companies in its field in Europe and the World. GEODIS, which is part of SNCF Logistics, which in turn is a business line of the SNCF Group, is the number one Transport and Logistics operator in France and ranked number four in Europe. The international reach includes a direct presence in 67 countries and a global network spanning over 120 countries. With its five Lines of Business (Supply Chain Optimization, Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, Distribution & Express and Road Transport), GEODIS manages its customers Supply Chain by providing end-to-end solutions enabled by our people, our infrastructure, processes and systems.
IT - SAP WM Consultant / Project Leader - Logistics Service Provider
Objective and targets of the job IT - Sap WM Consultant / Project Leader Venlo:
The SAP WM Consultant / Project Leader is responsible for the conceptual design, the implementation, the configuration and documentation of SAP solutions and a proper delivery of projects according the Business expectations. He/she is a key member of the solution team to design and deliver together with representatives of the Engineering and Operations teams solid and efficient solutions for our customers.
Target: Define, Develop and Implement Projects according the expectation of the customer and according the agreed internal procedures.
- Creates a project- or program plan within the boundaries of the targets and the agreed budget;
- Assembles a project team and takes care of the management and coordination;
- Where necessary manages the appointments and agreements with suppliers regarding the project delivery and execution;
- Monitors the progress, the budget and the quality of the project and initiates crisis management if required;
- Takes care of the knowledge transfer to the operational support;
- Contributes to further improvement of the IT-policy.
Target: Advising the IT management team that as such the agreed IT-policy can be supported and executed in proper way.
- Gives advice and presents SAP solution to the BU and participates in ‘Request for Quotation’ processes.
- Contributes to the development of the SAP objectives.
- Will bring to the attention all important SAP evolutions and proposes how GEODIS can take advantage of these evolutions.
- Analyse the existing SAP business processes and deliver improvement proposals.
SAP application design
Target: To translate Business requirements into functional SAP solutions.
- Designing functional SAP solutions.
- Transfer knowledge to SAP support employees.
- Keeping up-to-date of the SAP evolutions for GEODIS relevant SAP solutions.
Functioneel SAP support
Target: Taking care of the functional SAP support, to be able to guarantee an uninterruptable and up-to-date SAP environment.
- Analysing existing SAP application processes and deliver improvement proposals;
- Composing the functional SAP design and validate the design of the requested SAP modifications;
- Configure and document SAP modifications and new SAP application solutions;
- Monitor and apply the agreed GEODIS standards to the SAP environment;
- Maintain communication with relevant internal and external organisations regarding SAP;
- Deliver 2nd line SAP support.
Job profile IT - Sap WM Consultant / Project Leader:
- Education level HBO.
- Experience with managing SAP projects.
- Expert level of SAP functional knowledge regarding the modules WM; SD; MM and PP; TRM (is a pre). Excellent knowledge of the WM module is a must.
- Good knowledge about SAP customizing.
- Able to understand ABAP coding.
- Good knowledge of business processes within (paperless) warehouse operations.
- Keeping up-to-date regarding the SAP evolution.
Specific skills IT - Sap WM Consultant / Project Leader:
- Writing and Oral communication skills in Dutch and English language to be able to communicate and report at all levels.
- Social skills to instruct and motivate project team members of the various departments within the organisation.
- Analytical skills.
- A good team player.
Onerous Working conditions
The warehouses operate nearly 24x7, as such also the SAP team is part of the On duty service that the IT Department is offering to their internal customers.
More about the SAP Solution Center
SAP is one of the strategic applications within GEODIS Logistics. The core activity of the SAP Solution Center, located in Venlo - the Netherlands, is to implement logistics solutions for our Warehouse operations. The main SAP modules that are used by the SAP Solution Center are: WM; SD; MM; PP and TRM. Currently the logistics SAP solutions are mainly implemented in the Netherlands, but there are also a few installations in Germany, France and Brazil. With the creation of the new GEODIS entity “Business Unit North”, (the consolidation of the Logistics operations in Germany; the Netherlands and Ireland) we do have the opportunity to enlarge the SAP footprint in these other countries as well. The decision to bring all the SAP systems to the BU North Dual Data Centers and to harmonise the SAP FiCo environments for Germany, the Netherlands, Ireland and Italy is the proof of a strong commitment of the management team towards SAP.
The SAP Competence Center is a relative small but professional team of SAP WM Consultants; SAP Developers and SAP Support&Implementation persons. Beside the internal SAP team we also work together with some preferred SAP partners. The challenge of the SAP team is to deliver SAP solutions in such a way that Business processes are supported in a very efficient and effective way by using the standard SAP functions and facilities. Due to the success of the SAP solution we are currently expanding the SAP team.
Strategic Direction of SAP within GEODIS Logistics
The Logistics business is a very demanding branch with a very tough competition. The only way to beat the competition is to innovate and improve constantly. This approach is also crucial for our SAP environment. For the coming period the focus will be on e-commerce and Business Intelligence. On Customer request we already implemented the SAP Extended Warehouse Management (EWM) module but it is obvious that SAP EWM is the future direction and as such it is going to be implemented for more Customers.
Facts and Figures GEODIS SAP Environment
- SAP Version: ECC 6.0 (EHP7) + EWM
- Operating System / RDBMS: Unix AIX v7 / DB2 v10.5
- Nbr of Users: 700+
- Disaster Recovery level: Full mirrored, zero data loss
Interesse in de functie IT - Sap WM Consultant / Project Leader bij Geodis Logistics in Venlo?
IT - Sap WM Consultant / Project Leader
Acquisitie n.a.v. deze advertentie wordt niet op prijs gesteld.- vervuld.
Geen vergelijkbare vacatures gevonden.Bekijk alle vacatures van Geodis Logistics Netherlands BV