Vacature Medical Biologist
KIT (Royal Tropical Institute) is an independent center in the field of international cooperation and intercultural communication.
KIT Biomedical Research (BR) contributes to infectious disease control in low-and middle-income countries through the development and provision of appropriate diagnostics and diagnostic methods, providing the evidence-base for improved detection and treatment of infectious diseases and through activities aimed at capacity building and policy development for diagnostic laboratories. Currently, KIT BR is seeking a:
Medical Biologist (m/f)
for approximately 38 hours per week, part-time negotiable
- Development of a point-of-care diagnostics for the detection of neglected tropical diseases, which includes microbiological culture, (recombinant) biomarker selection and test development.
- Provide support to other ongoing test development research projects within KIT;
- Maintain good working relationship with colleagues and researchers from national and international (research) institutes, to sustain cooperation for research, evaluation and teaching programmes;
- Develop new projects and actively seek funding for these.
The initial appointment is for one year, subject to renewal. KIT values a diverse and international workforce. Non-Dutch applicants are encouraged to apply.
- A (post)doctoral degree in medical biology, microbiology, molecular biology or similar areas;
- Experience with research on infectious diseases and/or diagnostic test development;
- Good understanding of the diagnostic development pipeline; passion for laboratory work;
- Computer literate;
- Fluency in verbal and written English;
- Good communication skills and awareness of intercultural relationships;
- Initiative and creativity; an independent worker and a team player;
The salary based on age, qualifications and experience is between €2.463,- and €3.904,- gross per month in a 38-hour week. Working part-time is a possibility. In addition, there is an 8% holiday allowance, admission to the KIT pension fund (ABP) and opportunities for training. For applicants from abroad, there is the possibility of a temporary housing allowance and a moving allowance. The document International Staff at KIT is available on request.
Written applications specifying abilities and interest for this position including a curriculum vitae with references should be submitted – before March 12 2012 - to KIT, Personnel, Organization & Information.
Please use our online application form: Aplication form
Acquisition based on this announcement is not appreciated.
Geen vergelijkbare vacatures gevonden.Bekijk alle vacatures van Koninklijk Instituut voor de Tropen