PostDoc for the Department of Immunohematology
Job description PostDoc for the Department of Immunohematology Amsterdam:
The Department of Experimental Immunohematology is looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral to investigate and develop label-free detection for cellular detections. The end goal is to provide a platform suitable for diagnosis of autoimmune thrombocytopenia as well as predictive model for disease severity in antibody-mediated red blood cell anemia – but also for general research purposes.
We offer challenging research topics that can be tackled with state of the art technologies with emphasis on biosensor analysis of cells. The research will performed within a multi-disciplinary and enthusiastic team, consisting of senior research teams, other post-docs, PhD students and technicians.
Where you will work as a PostDoc for the Department of Immunohematology:
The Research Division of Sanquin Blood Supply Foundation (Amsterdam, The Netherlands) performs research relating to blood transfusion medicine in its broadest sense and is an integrated division with approximately 250 researchers. The research is performed within the context of the Landsteiner Laboratory of the Academic Medical Center of the University of Amsterdam, and collaborating strongly with Sanquin Diagnostics. The spear points of our research involves, but is not limited to, immunological response against blood group antigens, immune regulation, antigen presentation, T-cell responses, blood coagulation, phagocyte and cell biology. The post-doc will be embedded in a research group presently consisting of 8 PhD students, 4 technicians, one post-doc, and two senior scientists.
We are looking for:
- enthusiastic post doc candidate holding a PhD degree in a relevant field (e.g. Immunology/system or molecular biology / biosensor technologies (IBIS MX96 experience is a pre);
- interest and background in Cellular Immunology and Molecular Biology;
- an independent scientist that can function well being part of a team;
- good knowledge of spoken and written English is required.
- salary and employment conditions are in accordance with CAO Sanquin (Collective Terms of Agreement);
- a temporary appointment for a period of 3 years;
- a 36-hour-week;
- working hours will be determined by mutual agreement;
- reimbursement of travel expenses in accordance with CAO;
- 8,33% year-end;
- 201 vacation hours with full time employment.
Interesse in de functie PostDoc for the Department of Immunohematology bij Sanquin in Amsterdam?
Reageer voor 14 februari a.s. met je CV en motivatie via de bovenstaande "solliciteer direct" button.
For additional information on the PhD function in the Department of Immunohematology Experimental please contact dr. G. Vidarsson, tel. +31 6120 22321.
Sanquin does not accept unsolicited assistance from search or recruiting firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes (in any form) sent by search or recruiting firms to any employee at Sanquin without a valid written search agreement by HR Sanquin will be deemed to be public information. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Sanquin as a result of sending Sanquin resumes without being asked or through any other means.
Canvassing in response to this advertisement is not welcome.