Vacature Product Engineer
Joolz is a young and fast growing Dutch company (founded in 2004) that designs, produces and sells ergonomic, sustainable and beautiful strollers. Our mission is to contribute to meaningful, healthy and positive experiences for babies and parents, from pregnancy to first day at school. With Positive Design. This is shown in our products, our packaging, excellent service, Positive Notes, operational processes and in the excellent collaboration between our colleagues and with our partners. Joolz strollers are available in more than 20 countries, a.o. The Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, UK, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, South-Korea, Japan and Australia. Joolz headquarters is based in the heart of Amsterdam, and we have colleagues working in Europe and Asia.
Would you like to strengthen our dynamic team with your talent, knowledge and creativity to ensure that we will conquer the world with Joolz?
We + You = dedicated global Joolz team
- Job title : Product Engineer
- Department : Product Development
- Position : Full time
- Date : Per direct
Being in the position as product engineer you will be working on sustaining and new product developments. As part of the JOOLZ team you will constantly look or opportunities to improve our current portfolio you will constantly look to options how to improve our current product port-folio, embedding customer satisfaction, quality and reliability.
Product development tasks
- You will participate in new and existing product development projects. As one of the team members of the cross functional project team you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Bring the product designs to life, working within a team of external and internal disciplines such as manufacturer, designers, project manager, marketing, to deliver a reliable product, based on Design input and the Program of Requirements;Analyse new design challenges and come up with and work out engineering solutions which contribute to JOOLZ Positive Design strategy, offering a positive impact to child, parent, user and earth;Analyse and evaluate technical feasibility of design concepts, based on factors such as Manufacturability, Material, Strength & stiffness, functionality, serviceability, DFA, regulatory compliance requirements and cost;Accomplish, protect and defend the technical integrity of new products and subsystems, here for find and validate technical solutions that meet business and product requirements. Analyse and test prototypes. Carry out FEMs and participate in FMEAs;
- Assure that the complete product and all subsystems and parts have proper function, mechanical strength & stiffness, durability and can be mass produced within reasonable tolerance limits and for a Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) as agreed in the project.
- Work engineering solutions out in 2D and 3D CAD drawings using Solidworks;Detail the engineering solution to a level with proven feasibility and ready for transfer to our manufacturing department;
- Look with the team continuously how to improve and embed quality and reliability of existing and new products;Help to manage initiatives to implement improvements, on call rate reduction, failure rates or more general improvement projects;Analyse product defects as reported out of the market and production field, identify (potential) problems quickly, find root causes, defining solutions and implement them from concepts into worked out drawings and/or concrete actions Including making and modifying technical 2D and 3D CAD drawings using Solidworks;
Job & PERSONAL requirements
Knowledge, experience and personality
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree in engineering : mechanical design You have +3 years of experience in the field of product engineering;
- You have experience in working with manufacturers and or within a manufacturing environment;
- Having experience in working together with Asian suppliers is a pré;
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities. You have a good combination of practical & analytical capabilities;
- You are a team player;
- You have an independent and positive attitude, not willing to give up in case of resistance;
- You are willing to travel to China for periods of 1-2 weeks;
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken).
A dynamic and challenging international working environment, at a young and fast growing company with Headquarters at one of the finest canals of Amsterdam.
Apply online with your CV and motivation through the application button above.
Geen vergelijkbare vacatures gevonden.Bekijk alle vacatures van Joolz