Product Test Engineer
Wavin is the leading supplier of plastic pipe systems and solutions in Europe. Together with its sister company in Latin America (Amanco), Wavin is the number one pipes & fittings company in the world. Wavin provides solutions for essentials: plastic pipe systems and solutions for tap water, heating and cooling, soil and waste water, foul- and storm water, distribution of drinking water and gas and telecom applications. Wavin is based in Zwolle, The Netherlands and has a presence in over 25 countries. The company employs approximately 5,500 people and reported revenues of approximately EUR 1.2 billion for 2013. The company has a global network of agents, licensees and distributors. Wavin is part of the Mexichem Group, leader in plastic pipe systems and in the chemical and petrochemical industry in Latin America. More details about Wavin can be found at www.wavin.com.
For the laboratory at Wavin Technology & Innovation (T&I) in Dedemsvaart we are scouting for a communicative and proactive Product Test Engineer. One of the strategic pillars within Wavin is Innovation. Wavin T&I is responsible to lead the international group innovations by linking market needs with technical knowledge. In this process significant effort is put into gathering user insights and developing integral solutions for our customers. The starting point for most of the innovations is plastics, but also products in metals or composites are developed. Wavin T&I has an open culture and innovations are the results of multi-disciplinary teamwork, passion and drive for results. A strong asset base supports the effective and efficient Product and Process innovation process, e.g. Injection moulding machines, extrusion lines, product testing facilities, material characterization laboratories and a prototype workshop. Wavin T&I has a good track record with respect to innovations that impact the industry. Examples are: Q-Bic®, Hep2O® fittings, Tigris® Hot & Cold.
Being in the position as Product Test Engineer you will be working on different new and existing product development projects. As team member of the cross functional project team you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Prepare, schedule and carry out tests independently and according to the existing standards;
- Take part in innovation projects as laboratory representative and come up with ideas for effective and efficient product testing in line with business requirements;
- Set-up, control and operate test equipment in compliance with selected test methods and prescribed procedures;
- Capture, interpret, report and present results and additional findings to stakeholders.
Knowledge, experience and personality:
- Bachelor degree Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Polymer/Plastics Engineering;
- 1st or 2nd step in your career;
- Affinity and / or experience with plastic products in an innovative environment;
- Passionate about testing & investigating innovative plastic products;
- Proactive, Result orientated, Teamplayer;
- Strong analytical and planning & organisational skills;
- Excellent communication skills and able to communicate in English (verbal & writing);
- Ambition to further develop.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please fill in the application form on the website of Haed, www.haed.nl.
For further information, please contact ing. Harald Kuster of HÆD (038) 4203 900, email@example.com.
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated.