Quaker Chemical B.V. is looking for a Purchaser
Location: Uithoorn, The Netherlands
Quaker Chemical Corporation, headquartered in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, is a worldwide developer, producer, and marketer of custom-formulated chemical specialty products and a provider of chemical management services for manufacturers around the globe, primarily in the steel and automotive industries.
Quaker Chemical B.V. located in Uithoorn near Amsterdam, the Netherlands, is a subsidiary of Quaker Chemical in the United States and operates worldwide. Quaker is a leading producer of chemical specialised products. Over 400 people are employed in Europe working on development, production and sales. Quaker Chemical manufactures more than 500 different products, mainly auxiliary substances for the metal producing and processing industry.
For the three production plants in Europe, the Purchasing team is responsible for the acquisition of all raw materials, which are the basis of our products. These raw materials include commodities such as mineral and vegetable oils, but also specialty chemicals; sometimes produced specifically for Quaker. In close co-operation with other departments such as the laboratories, planning, production, sales, health and safety the purchasing team strives to efficiently bring in the best quality raw materials, in the optimum volume and packaging at the best value.
- Negotiate agreements with assigned suppliers.
- Maintain internal and external relationships.
- Pro-actively search and explore in close consultation with R&D, possible raw material cost saving opportunities through but not limited to co-operations with suppliers.
- Prepare, maintain and provide up-to-date raw material and market analysis data, including reporting to the purchasing manager and make appropriate strategic recommendations.
- Pro-actively create new projects and actively assist in developing and subsequent participation in purchasing projects.
- Keep Purchasing data / administration in JDE up to date.
- Bachelor degree in a preferably technical or chemical discipline.
- Five years purchasing experience, preferable with a chemical background.
- Excellent command in English.
- Result oriented
- Relational skills
- Analytical skills
- Decision quality
- Communication skills
We offer an interesting job in a professional team, competitive salary and an attractive fringe benefits package.
If you are interested in this position, we would like to receive your written motivation and curriculum vitae. You can send this to [email protected], attn. Christa Koot.
For additional information about Quaker, look at www.quakerchem.com.
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated.