Olam International was established in 1989 with 1 product in 1 country, trading cashew from Nigeria into India. Today we are a leading agri-business operating from seed to shelf in 65 countries, supplying food and industrial raw materials to over 13,800 customers worldwide. Our team of 23,000 employees has built a leadership position in many businesses including cocoa, coffee, cashew, rice and cotton. We have 44 different products across 16 platforms.
Quality Assurance Manager
Based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands
The new Quality Assurance, Food Safety & Regulatory Affairs Manager based in Europe will be responsible for ensuring product quality assurance, food safety & meeting all the regulatory requirements support for the SVI business for products shipped to European customers. The role will be responsible for providing support to the European sales team to interact with customers, provide timely information and resolution of customer complaints and provide feedback to the business with the latest regulatory developments within EU to enable business units to proactively take steps to meet the requirements.
Essential Functions & Principle Accountabilities:
- Responsible for resolution of customer complaints working with the European sales & customer service teams.
- Proactively work with plants supplying products to European customers (US, China, Vietnam & India) in ensuring speed of action with respect to information & resolution techniques.
- Meet & understand the key technical requirements and provide information about the Olam QA systems along with Sales team members in generating & fulfilling new product opportunities with customers.
- Understand the key regulatory environment with EU and provide feedback to the Innovation & Quality team to undertake proactive steps to meet the regulatory requirements.
- Interaction with Innovation & Quality team based in Fresno, CA on a regular basis providing information on customer requirements, key challenges & participates in regular calls with the team.
- Reviewing and approving specifications from customers in consultation with plant teams & central QA team based in Fresno.
- Assisting customers with respect to their product or quality improvement initiatives.
- Undertake technical root cause(s) analysis and provide recommendations to operating plants with respect to key corrective actions required.
- Provide key technical insights to EU sales team, enhance technical knowledge through providing data from plant locations & providing the same to customers to ensure high levels of technical expertise to the customers when required.
- Key member of the operations team to provide technical support to SVI sales & spices product line team through technical expertise in product, process understanding, packaging & shipping controls
- Develop and mentor the local team empowering the organizational culture & values.
Mission Critical Competencies;
- Analytical capability and problem solving abilities
- Process Management with operations team (at various locations)
- Customer relationship management
- Self-awareness to enable and lead a group of associates across geographies for problem solving
- Composure while dealing with ambiguity
- Comfort around higher management through excellence in articulation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s Degree or above in Food Science, Chemistry or Microbiology.
- Knowledge of food regulations within EU, US & Asia region specifically on industrial spices. (RASSF notifications, EU Regulations & application of the same to the SVI business).
- Preferably experience in R&D/QA Management, Technical Sales or Procurement in Industrial Spices business (Black Pepper, Chilli, Turmeric, Ginger, Nutmeg, Cinnamon cassia & other seed and root spices) & or savory spice blends.
- A good knowledge on the Chemistry & microbiological aspects of spices & industrial spices ingredients.
- Understanding of spices sterilization technologies and application of ETO, Steam and Irradiation techniques.
- Be able to accurately write & review product specifications, label declarations and formulations based on customer requirements balancing plant process capability & cost efficiencies at the same time.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent analytical and problem solving skills with category expertise.
- Preferred knowledge in statistical analysis as used in designing experiments and measuring process capabilities.
- Must have proven ability to interact with customers, cross functionally with Sales, PLM & Operations as a team player.
- Applicant must be creative, pro-active, have the ability to “think outside the box” and accept or create new ideas and take calculated risks on new products and process development.
- Presentation & articulation skills with customers in Europe, US & Asia/Pacific region & senior management within Olam.
- Fluent in English and fluency in any other EU languages will be an asset.
Reageer nu met je CV en motivatie via de bovenstaande "solliciteer direct" button.