Vacature Revenue Manager
Crowne Plaza Maastricht is looking for a:
At Crowne Plaza®, we want our guests to feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognised for their success. To help them we need you to stay One Step Ahead and:
Create confidence – by being an expert at what you do; by acting and looking the part and adapting your style to match your guests’ pace in all you do.
Encourage success – by supporting and respecting your guests and their goals; by recognising them and making them feel valued and important; and offering thoughtful choices to help them feel restored and balanced.
Make it happen – by being perceptive to your guests’ needs; by taking ownership for getting things done and working seamlessly with others to help guests be successful.
The Revenue Manager is a key member of the hotel executive team reporting to the General Manager. Using the full portfolio of Revenue Management practices and techniques they will generate short, medium and long-term strategies for profitable revenue generation across all the hotels activities.
The Revenue Manager will monitor and report on the application and performance of all agreed revenue generating activities using the Revenue Room process.
The Revenue Manager will need to have a thorough understanding of all areas of hotel revenue generation and profit contribution, and have accomplished influencing skills, in order recommend and manage resource trade-offs.
The Revenue Managers primary responsibilities fall into three categories –
1.1 Event Calendar. Research of internal and external events that will need due consideration as part of the development of the hotel business plan, pricing seasonality and rate structures.
1.2 Competitor intelligence. Ongoing research and analysis of product, price, occupancy and RGI from an agreed competitive set. Create and maintain network in the market in order to better understand business trends and take profitable business decisions.
1.3 Revenue Trends. Analysis of spend (room and non-room) and profitability by segment and account in order to support rate setting and LNR negotiation.
1.4 Denial Reports & Regret reports. Analysis of denial and regrets reports in order to develop optimum balance between single and multi-night stays, and optimise revpar.
1.5 Group Rates and Acceptance. Set group price and acceptance parameters using analysis of pick-up trends and market conditions, in order to maximise the opportunities for Sales to confirm group business at the initial enquiry. To propose and implement a process for reviewing enquiries that fall outside acceptance parameters with the GM/DOS.
1.6 Meeting space management. To recommend the sales strategy for meeting rooms and to review pick-up activity and trends in order to identify distressed inventory as early as possible.
1.7 Loyalty Programme penetration. To support the achievement of Loyalty Programme targets through the analysis of programme penetration by segment and account, and to recommend sales strategies and actions to drive activity.
1.8 System delivery. In charge of optimising system delivery including Internet, Central Reservation Offices and Global Distribution Systems through revenue management techniques including updating hotel profiles, marketing campaigns, organising fam trips, presentations to key partners, etc.
1.9 Reservation department management: ensuring training and supervision of reservation department in order to implement hotel strategy in their day to day activity.
1.10 Revenue Tools: Gathers, analysis, shares outputs of all revenue tools available and necessary to contribute to hotel performance (Marketvision, Hotelingence, Easyview, Factbook information) etc.
1.11 IBP or Equivalent: Responsible for maintaining up to date Integrated Business Plan of the hotel and make relevant information available to executive committee.
2. Revenue Actions
2.1 Revenue Room. Responsible for ensuring that all agreed data inputs are made available on time. Facilitates the meeting, recommends revenue generating options, agrees targets and owners for revenue actions and ensures communication and action of the outputs.
2.2 Yield Optimisation. Responsible for the communication of all price/yield decisions to ensure that all applicable systems are updated correctly and that all applicable staff are aware of the agreed up-selling and promotional messages. Responsible for any manipulation of the yield hurdle points. Where a yield management system is not installed this includes responsibility for opening or closing Holidex.
* Revenue systems include the central reservations systems ( Holidex / Global II) the yield mgmt system (HIRO /IDEAS) and portions of the Property management system.
2.3 Pricing strategy. Understands the composition of hotel profitability, and uses this information to evaluate the business mix and to make recommendations for future rate setting and negotiation. Develops the hotel’s pricing and market mix strategy, and articulates this to others in the hotel.
2.4 Forecasting. Produces weekly and monthly rate and occupancy forecasts for bedrooms and meeting rooms in order to support the annual budget process and budget/target reviews.
2.5 Budgeting. Acts major role in the budgeting process through centralising all available data information and contributes to setting SMART objectives for all revenue related points.
2.6 Close follow up of IHG training possibilities amd attending Revenue forum when operationally possible
3. Revenue Tracking
3.1 Revenue Room Activity. Monitors and reports on the application and performance against target of the agreed revenue room actions. Reviews the effect of the activities across all the hotel functions, across the competitive set and on the overall market.
3.2 Data Quality. Responsible for the optimal representation of the hotel’s products in all distribution channels (CRO, GDS, Internet). Ensures that tactical activity is presented in a timely and correct manner. Ensures compliance with the Lowest Internet Rate Guarantee.
3.3 Manages revenue based staff incentive plans.
Tertiary education with significant numerate content.
Significant experience in a management position, where analysis of numeric data, and the ability to recommend and contribute to management decisions has been demonstrated.
1. Drive for Results
Competes against a standard of excellence. Sets high performance standards and pursues aggressive goals. Strives for constant improvements, takes responsibility for achieving business results, and perseveres despite obstacles.
2. Understanding the Business
Demonstrates an interest in, and understanding of, issues relevant to the business and keeps their knowledge up-to-date.
3. Impact and Influence
Promotes ideas persuasively, shapes the opinions of others and overcomes resistance. Establishes influential contacts, builds consensus for action and negotiates mutually beneficial solutions to problems.
4. Problem solving & decision making
Effectively diagnoses problems and thoroughly analyses complex information to guide decision-making. Evaluates and assimilates critical information when reaching conclusions, and makes logical competent decisions.
1. Analytical thinker
Strong preference for analysing and organising numerical financial and statistical data.
- Analysing and organising data on a regular basis
- Identifying trends and key messages in numerical data such as hotel management reports
- Analysis, manipulation and organisation of complex financial and statistical data
2. Data Preference
Strong preference for setting up and using systems to monitor and evaluate information from a wide variety of sources.
- Assimilating information and ideas from a wide variety of sources in order to make quality decisions and monitor progress.
- Evaluating business trends and complex data to make high quality strategic level decisions, which affect the whole hotel.
- Using existing systems and establishing new systems (e.g. excel worksheets/ vison ) to control and monitor the revenue management process and agreed business gaols, on a regular basis.
3. Initiating action
Tendency to recognise, create and seize opportunities to put ideas into practice to achieve business goals
- Making constructive suggestions about own work and taking action to implement them
- Taking initiatives to implement change and improvement by generating high levels of action and commitment in self and others
- Galvanising the whole hotel’s organisation of revenue management into action to achieve major business initiatives.
Strong awareness of the impact of own behaviour on others and tendency to respond appropriately to achieve results.
- Adapting one’s style to work with colleague or customer.
- Recognising the differing needs of a range of individuals and adapting own style to be effective with each of them.
- Adapting style to be effective with a wide range of different people at every level and in different departments throughout the hotel.
Tendency to persuade others to own point of view and to gain acceptance of proposals, plans and decisions
- Using information selectively and constructively to present a persuasive case.
- Identifying the needs of others ; using a range of different approaches and styles to persuade them to agree to a proposal.
- Persuading large, critical or high level, groups to make major decisions by using a wide range of information and persuasive techniques.
Tendency to express information and ideas verbally in a manner that is appropriate concise and accurate.
- Confident delivery to another person at the appropriate level for the receiver.
- Communicating information to groups in an interesting and stimulating manner appropriate to the level of the audience.
- Presenting complex information from a variety of sources to large groups of people in a manner that is logical, clear and readily understood.
- Strong communication with third partners ( ie. Channel partners, local industry partners)
- Leading of Business Review Meeting ( BRM) , minute talking , pro- active attitude and ideas, follow up of agreed actions of al departments
CONDTIONS OF EMPLOYEMENT
We offer you a challenging job in a young and dynamic sales team. Because we are part of the Intercontinental Hotels Group, you will benefit from the International environment, for example for Sales Trainings. Of course a laptop and lease car will be part of the conditions.
RESPOND TO THIS VACANCY
Please send your job application by ''Solliciteer direct''.
Geen vergelijkbare vacatures gevonden.Bekijk alle vacatures van Crowne Plaza Maastricht